CYNTHIA Y.H. DEROSIER
Contact: (808) 263-2474 — email@example.com
Cynthia is part of an elite group of Graphic Recorders and Strategic Visioning Consultants trained by The Grove Consultants International. She has recorded and has co-facilitated team-building and strategic planning sessions for numerous non-profits, corporations and associations for over 15 years. Cynthia also designs and creates finish concept charts, information graphics, templates and large scale history maps for The Grove and other clients.
Cynthia also has over 25 years experience in corporate communications, strategic planning, relationship marketing, consumer acquisition and retention, business-to-business strategy, art direction, and corporate ID/brand development. Her career began in New York City at top ad agencies serving Fortune 500 clients as well as boutique and family owned businesses. She has received numerous awards for her work.
From 2006 to 2012, Ms. Derosier founded and oversaw the development of the Surfrider Spirit Sessions an innovative non-profit surf mentoring program serving at-risk and adjudicated teens. Initially funded by proceeds from Cynthia’s award-winning books The Surfer Spirit” the non-profit programs evolved into a stable and solid 501c3 entity. By 2012, the organization had recruited and trained over 250 volunteer mentors, served over 300 youth and raised well over a half million dollars in funding support.
Cynthia currently serves on the Board of Surfrider Spirit Sessions and provides ongoing support of staff and programs. She is an Advisory Board Member of Aloha o Kalani Ministry & Cultural Enlightenment Center, led by Kahu Wendell Kalanikapuaenui Silva. She has also served on the board of the Surfrider Foundation Oahu Chapter and is a member of the Organization of Women Leaders. She continues her work in Hawaii and travels as needed for mainland clients.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE – HIGHLIGHTS
- 1997 – present, CEO/Principal, The Good Juju Co. Manages a Hui of talented visual professionals and consultants who work together to solve complicated and challenging projects and help clients synthesize practical and effective solutions using graphics. Services include: Meeting and Process Design, Graphic Facilitation, Concept Charts, Story Maps, Brand Development, Creative Director and Producer, Art Direction and Design
- 2005 – 2012, Executive Director/Founder, Surfrider Spirit Sessions (501c3). Developed an innovative program integrating surfing, Hawaiian culture, mentorship, environmental education and community service to help at-risk and adjudicated youth transition out of the juvenile justice system. Organizational development included strategic planning, brand development, collateral design and media exposure as well as fundraising, management and community outreach.
- 1997 – 2004, Associate Creative Director, Ogilvy Hawaii
Team leader of marketing strategy, new business development and creative development of marketing materials, and branding including print ads, radio, television production, brochures, corporate identity, logo design and web architecture and design.
- 1995 – 1997, Associate Creative Director, Cohn & Wells (NYC) Team leader and creative development for corporate ID and relationship marketing in print, direct mail, promotional events and alternative media.
- 1994 – 1995, Senior Art Director, J. Walter Thompson Direct (NYC)
1988 – 1994, Senior Art Director, Ogilvy & Mather Direct (NYC) Ogilvy & Mather (Sydney, Australia, ‘91)
General Media, Relationship Marketing & Direct Marketing Creative including print ads, 3-dimensional collateral design, multi-format mailers, version testing and personalization formats for clients as well as marketing strategy, retention and new customer development
To see some example products and project summaries produced by Cynthia/Good Juju, click here.