Phone: 1-858-200-5971 - Email: email@example.com
Earl Bradbury is a highly enterprising, committed professional with a proven 25-year track record in the areas of social service, public health, and education. Earl has demonstrated experience in the following areas:
Earl Bradbury is a graduate of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Public Health Prevention Service (PHPS) Fellowship, a three-year management training and service fellowship for master’s level public health professionals. The fellowship focuses on public health program management and provides experience in program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation through specialized hands-on training and mentorship at the CDC, and in state and local health organizations.
Earl provided technical assistance to support the Hawaii State Department of Health (DOH) Health in All Policies strategic agenda. He developed a policy-screening tool to identify gaps in current and proposed legislation, rules, regulations and their impact on program operations. He performed a policy gap analysis to determine which 2012 proposed policies included language on the health equity and drafted a white paper with recommendations to the Director of Health.
Earl provided strategic oversight to the Hawaii DOH’s Chronic Disease Management and Control Branch’s (CDMCB) chronic disease planning efforts. Earl created and utilized and integration matrix to track and align CDMCB strategic objectives with national, statewide, and departmental objectives. Earl also co-developed a strategy for community engagement, utilizing key informant interviews and town hall planning meetings. Earl created communication and evaluation plans for strategic planning process with measurable benchmarks.
Policy Analysis and Development
As a public health consultant to the Hawaii State Department of Health, Earl prepared written testimony for Hawaii State Department of (Health DOH) Director and drafted policy for Hawaii 2012 legislative session on issues ranging from e-cigarette taxation to the creation of a diabetes registry to expansion of organ transplantation. He also developed recommendations on proposed legislation consistent with overall DOH strategic agenda.
Earl co-authored Oral Testimony to the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Africa and Global Health (U.S. Global Health Response to a Novel 2009-H1N1 Influenza Virus) under very tight deadline for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Center for Global Health.
Quality Assurance and Performance Measurement
As a Health Scientist at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Earl provided technical assistance to CDC programs on use of performance measures to monitor and evaluate program effectiveness, impact and quality assurance related to Healthy People 2020, the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA), and the Affordable Care Act’s Prevention and Public Health Fund (PPHF). He collaborated with Financial Management Office (FMO) and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) to ensure CDC Centers/Offices’ Program Performance Measures are directly aligned with federal fiscal year budget allocations. He also reviewed, analyzed, and provided feedback on $1 billion budget across 13 programs. He also monitored and evaluated CDC performance narrative portion of Department of Health and Human Service (HHS), Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and Congressional budget justifications.
Non-Profit Social Service Management
As Program Director at ElderHelp of San Diego, Earl oversaw the long-term strategic planning and development, monitoring, and evaluating of care management, information and referral, shared housing, and volunteer services programs serving over 300 seniors and older adults in San Diego, CA. In this capacity, Earl provided programmatic oversight to a total budget of over $800,000. He created and monitored individual program budgets according to funding guidelines. He utilized qualitative and quantitative methods and strategies for planning, evaluating, and documenting budget allocation for specific activities across programs.
He utilized a transformational leadership approach to guide development of program policies and procedures, strategic work plans, clarify program goals and SMART objectives, define and measure core competencies, and consistently improve programs and services. He also developed and produced operations and procedure manuals for all programs.
He provided direct supervision and management to seven lead staff in all aspects of program management. Earl clarified and strengthened operational programs, guidelines and structures.
In the area of human resource management, Earl revised personnel screening guidelines and standardized recruitment, orientation and performance evaluation processes to include job description creation incorporating performance improvement; utilized these changes to effectively screen, interview, train new staff and fill two vacant positions.
Capability Statement/Key Competencies
· Federal Contract and Cooperative Agreement Management
· Logic Modeling and Outcomes-Based Planning
· Public and Private Sector Project Management
· Organizational Performance improvement
· Public and Private Sector Budget Development and Monitoring
· Social Service and Non-Profit Administration and Management
· Nonprofit Management/Staff Development/Training/Staff Performance Evaluation
· Strategic Partnership Development and Coalition Building
· Community-Based Participatory Research
· Policy Screening, Analysis and Development
· GIS Mapping
· Partnership development and stakeholder engagement
· Data Collection, Review, Analysis, and Compilation
· State Health Department Accreditation and Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB) Requirements
· Technical Review and Evaluation of Grants, Cooperative Agreements
· Health in All Policies and Health Impact Assessments
Subject Matter Expertise
· Program Planning, Development, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation
· Integration of Immigrants and Refugees
· Cross Cultural Leadership
· Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment
· Advocacy and Public Policy
· TESOL/TEFL Expertise in Variety of Settings
· Social Determinants of Health
· Contracting Officer Representative, Level I Certified
· Funding Opportunity Announcement Development and Evaluation
· Psychosocial Rehabilitation
· Policy Planning, Formulation, Analysis and Oversight
· Project Management (Project Management International (PMI) coursework and training)
· Clinical Case Management
· Epidemiology and Disease Surveillance
· Bio-Psycho-Social Assessment
· Health Impact Assessment
· Health in All Policies
· Global Non-Communicable Disease Burden
· Performance-Based Financing to Reform Health Systems
· Population Demographics and Global Ageing
· Continuous Quality Improvement
· Six Sigma, Lean and Agile in the Organization
· Health Care Policy Analysis
· Curriculum Development
· Global Non Communicable Disease Burden
· Performance Measurement and Management (multi-sector, state and federal levels)
· Social Entrepreneurship
· Burt Children’s Center (San Francisco, CA)
· Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) (Atlanta, GA)
· ElderHelp of San Diego (San Diego, CA)
· Hawaii Pacific Gerontological Society (Honolulu, HI)
· Hawaii Primary Care Association (Honolulu, HI)
· Hawaii State Department of Health, Chronic Disease Management and Control Branch (Honolulu, HI)
· Hawaii State Department of Health, Office of Planning, Policy, and Program Development (Honolulu, HI)
· Naval Medical Center San Diego, Mental Health Services (San Diego, CA)
· Pacific Center of Excellence in the Elimination of Disparities (Pacific CEED) (Honolulu, HI)
· Pacific Islands Health Officers Association (PIHOA) (Honolulu, HI)
· Progress Foundation (San Francisco, CA)
· San Diego State University, Graduate School of Social Work (San Diego, CA)
· Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital (San Diego, CA)
· St. Paul’s Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (San Diego, CA)
· Akadémia vzdelávania (Academy of Education), Martin, Slovakia
· Institute for Public Strategies (IPS), San Cristóbal de las Casas, Mexico
· Haiti Cholera Public Health Assessment Team, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Port-au-Prince, Haiti
· Ministry of Public Health, Bangkok, Thailand